My daughter and I have been looking forward to Spring Break for pretty much ONE reason – the premiere of “The Hunger Games” movie. Like almost every pre-teen through teenager, she is obsessed with the Hunger Games books and owns piles of licensed merchandise, posters, tee shirts, etc. We have tickets to the midnight premiere, and of course when I think of movies, I think of popcorn.
While doing my morning rounds on Pinterest, I found the most amazing Snickers popcorn recipe, but of course I would never break the rules and sneak in my own treats to a movie. This is strictly for at-home movie nights, but you can bet I’m already planning one of those. So, without further delay, I present to you: Snickers Popcorn!
Recipe from cookiesandcups.com. Be sure to visit for more great photos from this recipe and more!
- 8 quarts air popped corn (about 2 cups of kernels)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 30 “Fun Size” Snickers bars coarsely chopped
- 3 oz melted semi sweet chocolate (optional)
Preheat oven to 200°
- Over medium heat boil butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in your baking soda.
- Pour over your popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to waxed paper lined counter and sprinkle peanuts on top. Stir until all is coated evenly.
- Transfer popcorn into a large roasting pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in your coarsely chopped Snickers. Return to oven for 3 more minutes so the Snickers begin to melt slightly into the popcorn.
- Remove from pan and transfer popcorn back to wax paper to cool.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of popcorn if desired.
- Let set and store in an airtight container.
adapted from Paula Deen’s Caramel Corn
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)