Want a burger but looking for a leaner option? Try out this great recipe from Martha Stewarts Everyday Food blog! They make great lunches or dinners and go well with any number of lean side dishes!
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (93 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
How to Make It:
- Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine ground turkey with Gruyere, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- Lightly oil grill. Place patties on hottest part of grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move patties to cooler part of grill; continue grilling until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes per side.
Serve with whole wheat buns and your favorite cheese with a salad on the side!