This time of year I often crave light yet, nutrient-filled, fish dishes. Perhaps you’re like me and grew up with salmon cakes, a familiar treat, laden with tart lemon juice, perfect for summer evenings. Ever wondered how to spice up the classic salmon cake literally and figuratively? Well, check out this great recipe via Bev Cooks!
If you haven’t heard of Bev Cooks, you’re missing out. An Arkansas-native, Bev creates beautiful dishes served up with a ton of humor. And she has a knack for savory dishes perfect for family dinners.
Here’s her recipe for these punchy, exciting Tex-Mex Salmon Cakes. Be sure to follow her on Facebook for daily savory treats with a heavy dose of laughter.
For cooking steps, beautiful photographs, and a few chuckles, go to her post. But to get your tastebuds ready, here’s the list of ingredients, as written on Bev Cooks:
* 1 (15 oz) can salmon, drained (don’t be scared!)
* 1 (4 oz) can green diced chiles
* 2 cups blue corn tortilla chips, crumbled in a plastic baggy
* 1 cup finely diced white or yellow onion
* 4 Tbs. vegetable oil, divided
* 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
* 1 Tbs. cumin
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup frozen corn
* 10 oz baby spinach
* 1 roma tomato, diced
* pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper