There’s something so comforting about a bowl of rice pudding. It’s even sort of like a vegetable dish. It goes great with coffee, is perfect for kids, and can made without a ton of sugar.We found a great adaptation of this classic dish on the food blog, Whisk. According to the site they originally found the recipe via Today’s Parent.
What you need:
- 1/3 cup rice
- 3 cups hot milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Butter a casserole dish.
- Stir in rice, hot milk, sugar, and butter.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 2½ hours, stirring every half-hour.
- Add raisins in the last half-hour.
- Remove pudding from oven.
- Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.