Watermelon season is here and this zesty salsa is the perfect way to add some variety to your table. There are hundreds of recipes for watermelon salsas online, but we think one of the best is this simple option from the blog, The Girl Who Ate Everything.
It’s filled with a perfect mixture of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors that everyone in the family will love, and it’s also a great option for potlucks and evenings with friends.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups finely chopped watermelon, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced finely
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- tortilla chips for dipping
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, onion, peppers, cilantro, and basil in a large bowl. Add honey and lime juice and stir to coat.
- Chill for at least half an hour in the refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Watermelon has a lot of liquid naturally in it. Before serving pour out the excess liquid so your salsa isn’t too runny.