What’s not to love about the savory goodness of empanadas? They make for a wonderfully verstile dish and work great as the main fare or as a side dish. They’re especially great with a simple salad or fruit.
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 lb ground beef (or chicken or any mixture of veggies)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can fresh cut corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (16 ounce) cans large refrigerated biscuits (buttermilk or other variety)
And Here’s How To Make Them:
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan adding the salt and pepper just before done.
- Let the beef cool.
- In a large bowl mix the corn, onions, cheese, and salsa, then add the cooled beef mixing carefully so not to break up all the cheese.
- Roll the biscuits out flat to about 2-1/2 times their size.
- Place approx 1/3 cup filling on one side of the center of the circle lengthwise.
- Fold the dough over the filling like a turn over and crimp the edges like a pie crust. Be careful not to tear the dough, and to seal the edges completely or your filling will come out!
- Place on slightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° till lightly browned.
Do you have a favorite empanada filling? We’d love to hear about it!