There’s something timelessly amazing about chocolate chip cookies. Creative cooking and unique baked goods are wonderful, but you really can’t beat the simplicity of this cookie. Continue reading
Since it’s going to be gross and rainy for the next few days, you’re going to need something warm and melty. I found this amazing recipe which makes the softest, most muffin-like cookies I’ve ever tasted – and I had to share it with our readers!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
2.Sift and combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
3. Use a mixer to cream the sugars and butter together in a large bowl.
4. Thoroughly combine the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas in the butter mixture.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and add the chocolate chips in last.
6. Place spoonfuls of the dough on a pre-greased or Parchment paper layered cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 400ºF for 12 to 15 minutes, watch the cookies closely so they don’t burn!
8. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then enjoy!