Parents of children with learning and developmental disabilities who are age 13 or older are invited to a free public education event hosted by ACCESS February 5th beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Turning Point: Life After High School will feature representatives from area government agencies, community service providers and education service providers who will educate parents on a variety of topics including:
- Transition services
- Vocational programming and job placement
- Considering individuals’ strengths and weaknesses for housing, employment and training programs
- supported living options
- The Medicaid waiver and adult services
- GED testing requirements and accommodations
- Regional post-secondary educational programs for students with learning and/or developmental disabilities.
The event takes place from 6 until 8 p.m. at ACCESS on 10618 Breckenridge Dr., Little Rock. For more information call Megan Jackson, ACCESS receptionist at (501) 217-8600.