Plenty to do this weekend!
* The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe opens this Friday at the Arkansas Arts Center Childrens Theatre in the Little Rock. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
* The Thea Art Foundation will host a party for kids in downtown Argenta in North Little Rock from 10:00-6:00 p.m. on Saturday. The organization advocates the importance of integrating the arts into Arkansas children’s education. For more information click here.
* M2 Gallery will host Master Pieces, a fundraiser for Arkansas Autism Speaks, which will include a silent auction of more than 20 large puzzle-shaped artworks created by children with autism spectrum disorders. To read our recent blog post about this event, click here.
* The annual “Run Before They Can Walk” 5k fundraiser for the March of Dimes will begin 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. For more information, call 663-3100 or visit MarchofDimes.com.
* “Breakfast with Gorillas” will take place Saturday morning at the Little Rock Zoo at 8:00. Seating is limited. For more information click here.
* Biking for Bigs: Big Brothers, Big Sisters. This cycling event will raise funds for children in the Central Arkansas area. Biking for Bigs will offer a 25 mile ride for all levels of cyclists. Participants can travel at the pace they choose. All proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas! For more information click here.
* Relay for Life event takes place through Saturday. For more information click here.
*And don’t forget about the new exhibit at the Museum of Discovery that we posted about earlier this week! Extreme Deep: Mission to the Abyss will open this weekend.